It is absolutely astounding how quickly our little ones grow and learn. Bouncing home after a fun day at school, your little angels say things that make you think: “Hmmm. I didn’t teach that one. How smart!” As our precious children develop, we want to make sure we’re doing the utmost to foster healthy growth for both their bodies and their minds
Gululu cares about your kids’ futures and we have some exciting ideas for helping them develop high IQ’s! New findings in the field of neuroplasticity tell us how parents - according to what experiences are offered - can use whole brain thinking to directly shape the growth of their child’s brain. So, let’s talk about some IQ boosters! I mean, who doesn’t want their kid to become a genius- right!?
Cross Pattern Coordination:
Using both sides of the brain, the frontal lobe, and median areas of the brain. Whole Brain Training Exercises:
- Learning with the Senses: Try counting different textures with touch, count smells, count sounds, count flavors, count images.This helps to bring both sides of the brain together!
- Use the Non-dominant Hand: Have your kid try drawing and writing with the non-dominant hand.Other exercises, like catching a ball with the non-dominant hand, are also great for cross pattern coordination.
- Music: Drumming with both hands is a great exercise for cross pattern coordination.Start tapping your feet and drumming becomes a whole body and whole brain experience!
- Guided Story Telling: Give kids a picture and have them imagine a story about what’s happening. This helps to develop vocabulary and creativity!
- Make-Up Words: Pick a word- book, for example- and make up fun variations: booky, bookdog, booklooky! This exercise boosts creativity and lets kids have fun with words. Treebagoom! Share the Gululove!
- Play Family Games: kitchen bowling, cup stacking, dice games- games where the family can take turns but there isn’t really a winner, just participation and fun!
- Daily Journals: Get a colorful drawing book for your kid. Have them write a sentence or two about their day, everyday. If your kid can’t write a complete sentence, drawing a picture is great!In the evening or at the end of the week, discuss previous events- this is great for developing a large capacity for memory!
- Exercise: Exercise increases heart rate, pumping more nutrient-full blood and oxygen to all parts of the body, including the brain. Jumping, hanging, rolling, laying down and standing up, yarn balance beam, one-leg jumping- any of these can be done at home on a rainy day!
- Hydration: Drinking adequate amounts of water will keep the blood functioning at its highest level, transporting oxygen and nutrients while washing out toxins. Gululu has your kid on the way to cerebral magnificence!
- Deep Breathing: is something kids do well naturally. Kung Fu, Tai chi, Yoga - all have body motion and deep breathing in common. Deep breathing oxygenates the blood, thus oxygenating the brain. Deep breathing has been shown to help develop higher IQ!
We all want our kids to grow up to be the best, and we can do our best to make that happen! Staying hydrated, eating healthy, along with whole brain thinking will help our kids become leaders in the future! We at Gululu would like to know: what do you do to help develop your kids’ brains? Please post your ideas on our Facebook page, and you could be featured in a future Gululu post!
Our best gift- our undivided love,